Matthew 28:19-20: Responding To God’s Call in My Life

August 31, 2015

Two years ago I moved my family to Sioux Falls in pursuit of a degree at Sioux Falls Seminary.  Having served previously in ministry as a youth pastor, my goal was mostly centered on furthering my credentials in order to open new doors of opportunity.  Two years later, I find myself less interested in a career and more focused on a purpose – to respond to God’s call in my life.

Jesus’s final words to his disciples are recorded in Matthew 28:19-20: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.  And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”  Jesus’ challenge to make disciples is a commission to come alongside the work of the Holy Spirit drawing people into a relationship with God.  In my time at Sioux Falls Seminary, I have encountered insightful teaching, edifying fellowship, and an overall environment that has encouraged my own development in continuing Jesus’ impact on this world.

As we begin the 2015-2016 academic year, I invite you to join us as we walk boldly into the future to which God has called us.  You can join us by praying for me and my peers, subscribing to e-mail updates, or giving a gift to help support the development of servants for their participation in the kingdom mission.  Through your prayers, encouragement, and gifts, you play a key role in the lives of students who, like me, are preparing to go into all the world to impact the nations for Jesus Christ.

I cannot express how much it means to have your support.  Thank you for leaving an imprint on the lives of those who are preparing to impact generations to come.

all stories